Commonly referred to as the Downtown Mobility Authority (DMA), the Mobility Authority of the City of Memphis and County of Shelby, Tennessee, is a seven-member board chartered by the State of Tennessee. The mission of the Downtown Mobility Authority is to be the convener of key stakeholders and advocate for mobility and parking improvements in Downtown Memphis while maintaining attention to ensuring adequate parking for current use and to support a growing Downtown.
The DMA also establishes parking policies and coordinates parking management. The DMA contracts with private parking companies for day-to-day operations, tracks rates and occupancies of other Downtown parking lots and structures, assists with strategic planning for existing and future parking facilities in Downtown, and issues bonds for construction or acquisition of additional parking facilities.
The DMA currently owns and/or manages eight public parking garages:
• The Justice Center Garage (245 Washington Avenue)
• Shoppers Garage (85 North Front)
• Riverfront Garage (35 Monroe Avenue)
• Peabody Place Office Tower Garage (110 Peabody Place)
• Barboro Flats Parking Garage (100 Main Street)
• One Commerce Square Garage (Union at Second)
• 250 Peabody Place Garage (250 Peabody Place)
• First Park Place (21 South Second)
Shanea McKinney, Chairman
John Golwen, Secretary & Treasurer