Pinch District Public Engagement and Visioning
The success of the Bass Pro project and the excitement surrounding the proposed expansion and investment by St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and ALSAC, provides an opportunity to reimagine and revitalize the Pinch District. The City of Memphis and Shelby County Government have begun a process to invite residents, property owners, and other community stakeholders to offer input on a vision for the Pinch District. The City of Memphis Division of Housing and Community Development (HCD), Memphis and Shelby County Office of Planning Development (OPD), and the Downtown Memphis Commission (DMC) are serving as the planning team coordinating engagement around the vision for this area.
The Pinch is a historic district located on the north end of Downtown Memphis roughly bordered by the Wolf River Harbor on the west, I-40 on the south, Danny Thomas Boulevard on the east, and A.W. Willis Avenue on the north.
- Important Dates
- Public Meeting #1 (Open House held on Thursday, March 31, from 4:00 – 7:00 PM. Balinese Ballroom, 330 N. Main St.)
- Public Meeting #2 (Open House on Thursday, June 23 from 4:00 – 7:00 PM. Balinese Ballroom, 330 N. Main St.)
- Public Meeting #3 (Presentation on Tuesday, November 22 from 5:30 – 7:00 PM. Balinese Ballroom, 330 N. Main St.)
Recap of Meeting #2
Missed Meeting #2? Click here for a recap.
Want to Get Involved?
- Attend the Public Meeting Presentation on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 from 5:30 – 7:00 PM. Balinese Ballroom, 330 N. Main St.)
- Send an email to Brett Roler at roler [at] downtownmemphis [dot] com and ask to be added to the contact list to receive future meeting updates.